B.O.U.N.C.E. is a mind gym that focuses on building resilience, basically a workgroup, to practice shifting your mindset every week to strengthen your coping strategies. Here are the top reasons to attend the upcoming B.O.U.N.C.E. workgroup:
- Clarify your purpose. The first component of B.O.U.N.C.E. is Belief. This refers to your belief in a greater meaning in your life: having a purpose for why you do what you do. Once you have clarity of what’s meaningful to you, ongoing stressors and challenges are easier to overcome because you have the drive to pursue a larger vision, which builds resilience.
- Understand your priorities. Once you have clarity of purpose, it becomes easier to prioritize those activities that are most important. By focusing on the activities that are in alignment with your purpose, your decision-making becomes crystal clear.
- Take setbacks in stride. It’s easy to get disappointed and lack motivation when things don’t go your way. When you are aware of your thoughts and learn to use optimistic strategies, you can shift your perspective and gain hope. This subtle shift enhances your motivation.
- Control your emotions. There are times when you feel irritable, annoyed, and possibly hostile. Even at times when you want to remain composed, negativity can quickly surface and derail your composure. Learning to identify, label, and then release your emotions will put you in control and strengthen your resilience.
- Reduce anxiety and stress. Your perceptions of other people’s intentions and even your expectations about your behaviors create a sense of worry and low-grade anxiety. Becoming more adept at interpreting other people’s actions and recognizing your expectations can instantly reduce stress.
- Identify supportive relationships. Sometimes the stress you experience is a result of toxic relationships with others. You can determine the criteria for positive relationships and create a game plan to distance yourself from toxic people (whether family or not!).
- Set boundaries. One of the most difficult strategies for building resiliency is prioritizing your self-care. To do that, you need to create boundaries with your time, energy, and focus. This requires a keen awareness of your own needs and willingness to say no.
- Stop whipping yourself. I have many clients who are incredibly successful despite being mean to themselves. There is a sense that if they whip and keep pushing themselves, they’ll continue to be successful. Most people are stunned to see how much further they can go when they learn to have grace with themselves.
- Appreciate your uniqueness and build confidence. We often evaluate ourselves based on what we observe in other people. This is unfortunate because we neglect to see our gifts and learn to leverage them. Once you have this appreciation, you have a sense of confidence in yourself.
- Move on from mistakes. With awareness and confidence comes humility, the ability to see yourself as imperfect and fallible—not as an excuse, but as a realistic view of your limits. This ultimately gives you a sense of freedom that elevates your performance.
B.O.U.N.C.E. will cover all these areas and more. This workgroup is for those who just want things to be easier, whether coping with a transition (new job or divorce) or simply having the inherent sense that things could be smoother. Make the commitment to prioritize yourself! Check out: www.BounceClass.com.