Here are 5 tips for finding the right business consultant for you.
1. Establish your goals with your consultant.
2. Consultants bring their vast experience (at least they should) to their clients. Most are experienced in one or two of the main categories. Beyond that and they are likely spreading themselves too thin.
3. As the consulting process requires lots of personal interactions, make sure they have great people skills.
4. As effective consulting is an exercise in listening, make sure you are feeling heard throughout the process.
5. Though consultants have their own approach, solutions should not be mandated by the consulting. Creating effective solutions is a team exercise, involving consultant and client.
The chances are that if you bring in a consultant, you are looking to transform or revolutionize one or more aspects of your company. Picking the right consultant at the outset could move your business ahead, years. To find out more about the differences between coaches and consultants check out this post.
If you are looking for a consultant for your company, please visit our website for more helpful information.
Written by: Mark Rothman, Esquire
Mark has been a member of the Florida Bar since 1992. In 1993, he established his own law practice. During the succeeding 20 years, Mark assumed the position of the firm’s Chief Operating Officer and now runs his own consulting practice, Orca Management Consulting.